Lauras Daily Madness

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Start 2011 at Brownie Scraps!

 

It’s a new year and one of my resolutions is to blog more!  I downloaded live writer to help with that since it seems to be much more user friendly. We’ll see how that goes. 

So for all the readers that haven’t been around lately, hi! I’m Laura!  A few things we may have in common:

1 I’m a SAHM (stay at home mom)

2. I have two kids, a boy (Rett, 2) and a girl (Evie, 7 months)

3. I knit

4. I scrapbook

5. I love to read.

6. I cloth diaper, baby wear and breastfeed.

7.  I sing in the car.  A lot.  And throughout the day.

8. I used to teach first grade!

 

Ok now that I’ve gotten my re-introduction out of the way I’d really like to invite everyone to start their new year off right by joining the Brownie Scraps community. I just finished ordering a 100 page 2 year album for my son and a 100 page 0-6 month album for my daughter.  I know for a fact this wouldn’t have happened without the friendship, kind comments and challenges that I participate in at Brownie Scraps.

 

This year there are a few new activities to make Brownie Scraps even more exciting! Becky started a book club which you can find the info to here.  We are starting off with the book ‘Girl In Translation’.  It is about a Chinese woman who comes to America as a young girl with the help of her aunt and is forced to live her childhood in horrible conditions at her apartment and to work long hours everyday at the factory alongside her mother after school. Despite all these hardships, she still manages to be the top student at school getting a free ride to a local private college prepatory school.  You’ll fall in love with her brutal honesty and kind heart as she grows up in Chinatown.   And as for the ending, the twist is both uplifting and heartbreaking at the same time.  I checked this out from my local library and some people say you can even download the e-books for your kindle from your library. If you don’t live in Tulsa, Oklahoma that is.  We are having our book discussion January 20th so plenty of time to get in this easy read!

 

Next are all the awesome challenges happening each month at Brownie Scraps! Using current products gives you points and at the end of the month, depending on your points, you score some awesome coupons! Not to mention getting your scrapping done for the month.  I love challenges to give me a nice surge of inspiration. I can always count on getting at least 8-10 layouts done just by completing the challenges.  You can find the challenges here. You’ll also find some fabulous freebies in this area!

 

Ramona also has her ‘Scrap Your Life’  Project going on this year.  Her focus is getting you scrapping the daily life NOW instead of always playing catch up.  Getting your life scrapped and documented for your children and your children’s children.  I love the quote ‘A birth certificate proves you were born, a death certificate proves you died but a scrapbook proves that you lived’.  I am starting our own family album for the first time this year and am really excited to scrap more of our lives outside of just stuff with the kids, even though that is still the primary focus.

 

  Every month Brownie Scraps has a different host for their Daily Brownie Bytes. Each day you come and collect another piece of this free kit and at the end of the month, you have an awesome freebie!  This month Ramona is hosting and getting the year started out by scrapping all those weight loss goals and activities that are on your resolution list! Check out the Daily Brownie Bytes here. If you don’t want to come by everyday and collect them, you can also join the Brownie Scraps January Addicts club to get it all in one download plus a lot of other fun projects going on throughout the month available only to members!

 

 

 

 

With so many fun things happening over at Brownie Scraps, I hope to see your introduction thread soon and see you joining in with us for a year of scrapping, sharing and friendship!

0 comments: