Lauras Daily Madness

Monday, August 23, 2010

Some new knits

This weekend was incredibly, insanely busy! We hit the park on Saturday morning, had a birthday party in the afternoon and a dinner invite in the evening. The kids both slept extremely well! I have been getting a few things knitted up to put up on my facebook page.



This was just a cat I knit for Rett to use up some yarn Mom bought me at goodwill. I think Tom and I had more fun playing with it then Rett. I will say it still needs a face. Maybe that threw him off. With his current cat obsession I figured he's be more enthused.



A new color of hat to add to the ever growing collection.




Here's Evie's winter hat. It turned out way too large as you can see it fits Elyse perfectly and she's going to be 1 this week. It may end up being her birthday gift.



And a boy version that a girl ordered off Facebook. She and I were pregnant with our latest babies together. Its so fun to knit for online friends. You can join my facebook fan page here. Let me know that you joined from the blog! Its so cool to see how people find different pages across the net.

Next on my list are some sort of present for Elyse for this weekend, and then some leg warmers for Evie's skirts this winter.

I recently got accepted onto the GottaPixel ct team. 70 girls applied so it was a much wanted position and I'm sort of proud of myself for getting to this point in my scrapping.

My first assignment was Geek Chic Scraps.

I chose to work with two of her kits.


This one with the bright, fun colors just screams birthday parties, ice cream and summertime to me!





And this one:

This one seems to be about teen girls, parties and dress up. Overall I am very impressed with the papers and elements. So many fun, bright patterned papers and the elements really come to life with some shadow work.




Here is your freebie for today:


Don't forget to sign up for my knitted hat give away here!

1 comments:

Lainie said...

Perfect sentiment for my granddaughter. Thanks so much.